VMXRAY: explore VM disk images in your browser
The power of HTML5!
You need to extract a single file from a disk image of a Virtual Machine (VMWare, VirtualBox and other), or just navigate the disk without install and start a virtualization tool? Pretty simple, with VMXRAY:
VMXRay has been developed by Coriolis Technologies, a software company based in Pune, India. VMXRay consists of many open-source components and industrial quantities of glue.
- First and foremost, Emscripten, which compiles C programs to Javscript.
- A fork of Sleuthkit, a filesystem forensics tool is run on the Linux virtual machine to provide directory and file data.
- A fork of the beautiful elFinder is used to present a folder interface to the file system.
What browsers are supported?
- Google Chrome 13+ (Mac OS X, Ubuntu)
- Firefox 7+ (Mac OS X, Ubuntu)
Downloading of files works properly only on Chrome.
What file formats are supported?
- Disk image formats: Raw, VMWare single and multi-file VMDKs, QEMU/KVM QCOW2 (without encryption/compression), Virtualbox VDI, ISO.
- Filesystems: ext2, ext3, FAT, NTFS.